Concord, NH – The Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire on behalf of their 42 locals throughout New Hampshire are proud to announce that this holiday season their locals have raised thousands of dollars through fundraisers and toy drives over the last few weeks, to bring gifts to children all across the state.
“Each holiday season our members take time to help the families and children in their communities, whether it’s hosting fundraisers and toy drives to collect gifts, providing holiday meals, or delivering toys to hundreds of children on Christmas Day. Local fire fighters’ care about their communities and the families they serve each and every day,” said David Lang, President of the Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire.
An example of what some locals have been doing for their communities:
- Claremont Local #1571 is expected to raise $2,000 for Toys for Tots.
- Dover Local #1312 and Dover Officers Local #2909 are continuing their 35 year tradition of providing toys to children age infant to 14 years old. Through their toy drive they expect to be able to provide 3 toys to each child in the community. Last year the local was able to provide gifts to over 900 children.
- Hanover Local #3288 purchased toys to support Toys for Tots.
- Hudson Local #3154 will continue their 20 year tradition of supporting one family (2 adults and 4 children) in their community to deliver gifts on Christmas Eve.
- Keene Local #3265 has purchased gifts for 2 families in their community.
- Laconia Local #1153 supported the WLNH auction. The local raised over $3,000 and purchased over $1,000 dollars’ worth of items that were auctioned off.
- Manchester Local #856 is doing a pajama drive in conjunction with Kid Café (a Salvation Army affiliate).
- Nashua, Local #789 did a Christmas Basket drive, where they provided approximately 70 families with a basket of Christmas Dinner fixings. They were delivered to each of the families on December 20th.
- North Hampton Local #3211 is helping 20 families, 42 children total, with toys and Shaws gift cards.
- Pelham Local #4546 is hosting a toy and food drive for families in their community.
- Somersworth Local #2320 is holding a toy drive for 185 applicants, providing toys to 400-500 children.
- Portsmouth Local #1313 and Portsmouth Officers Local #4039 provided toys and gifts to 39 families in Portsmouth. They are also taking a trailer full of gifts to New York City tomorrow for the Fire Fighters families who lost everything in Hurricane Sandy.
“We know that the holiday season can be a difficult time for some New Hampshire families, and we want to make sure we do our part to bring some comfort and happiness to the children of New Hampshire and their families during this season,” stated Lang.
Please contact your local fire department for more information on how to donate toys for children in New Hampshire this holiday season.
The PFFNH, headquartered in Concord, NH represents more than 2,000 active and retired fire fighters and paramedics. More information is available at www.pffnh.org