According to the most recent UNH Granite State Poll:
The NH House of Representatives is up for grabs. Right now, 35% of poll respondents expect to vote for Republican House candidates; 39% expect to vote for Democrats. Another 21% are undecided.
Voters still do not know much about the gubernatorial candidates.
· 47% of poll respondents don’t know enough about Ovide Lamontagne to say whether their opinion of him is “favorable”, “unfavorable” or “neutral”.
· 73% of poll respondents don’t know enough about Kevin Smith to have an opinion.
· 72% of respondents don’t know enough about Maggie Hassan.
· 74% don’t know enough about Jackie Cilley.
· 83% don’t know enough about Bill Kennedy.
This knowledge gap persists even among union households.
· 25% of union households don’t know enough about Ovide Lamontagne to have an opinion (and more than a third of union households view Lamontagne favorably).
· 62% of union families don’t know enough about Kevin Smith to have an opinion.
· 56% don’t know enough about Maggie Hassan to say whether they view her favorably or not.
· 58% don’t know enough about Jackie Cilley.
· 77% of union households don’t know enough about Bill Kennedy to have an opinion.
By November, voters may have forgotten this Legislature’s chicanery. The summer break has been good for the Legislature’s favorability ratings.
· In April, only 40% of NH residents believed that the State Legislature was doing a good job. Now that the Legislature has been in recess for a couple of months, their favorability rating is up to 45%.
· The recess has been good for Speaker O’Brien’s reputation, too. In April, his favorability rating was 15%; now it is 18%.
The New Hampshire AFL-CIO is conducting “Labor Walks” throughout the state. Here are the dates and times of the their local canvasses.
Sat. October 6 Labor to Labor Walk – Rochester
9a.m.- 1 p.m. IBEW 104 Hall, 312 U.S. Route 4, Barrington, NH 03825
October 9,10,11 Phone Banks
5p.m. – 8:30p.m. NH AFL-CIO 161 Londonderry Tnpk, Hooksett, NH
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13th WALK
TEAMSTERS 633 Office 53 Goffstown Road, Manchester, NH 03105
October 16, 17, 18 Phone Banks
5p.m- 8:30p.m. NH AFL-CIO 161 Londonderry Trnpk, Hooksett, NH
Sat. October 20 Labor to Labor Walks — Nashua
9am-1pm Nashua Teachers Union 7C Taggart Dr. Nashua, NH
*October 23,24,25,26 GOTV PHONE BANKS
5-8:30p.m. NH AFL-CIO 161 Londonderry Tnpk, Hooksett, NH
Sat. October 27 Get Out The Vote Walks – Manchester
9a.m. – 1 p.m. NH AFL-CIO 161 Londonderry Tnpk, Hooksett, NH
Sun. October 28 Get Out The Vote Walk — Nashua
1p.m. – 4 p.m. TBA
*Oct 29, 30, 31 Nov. 1 and 2 Get Out The Vote Phone Banks
5p.m. – 8:30pm NH AFL-CIO 161 Londonderry Tnpk, Hooksett, NH
For more information or to volunteer call: 603-623-7302
If these times do not work for you, consider walking for the Obama for American campaign. They are walking all the time. More details here